Exercise is so important not only for our physical health but also our mental health.
Did you know?
We should do some type of physical activity every day. Any type of activity is good for you but the more you do the better.
- aim to be physically active every day. Any activity is better than none, and more is better still
- do strengthening activities that work all the major muscles (legs, hips, back, abdomen, chest, shoulders and arms) on at least 2 days a week
- do at least 150 minutes of moderate intensity activity a week or 75 minutes of vigorous intensity activity a week
- reduce time spent sitting or lying down and break up long periods of not moving with some activity.
Top Tips to increase your exercise:
- Set goals – it’s helpful to set goals (big or small)
- Schedule your exercise – We know we are more likely to successfully exercise if we plan when we will do it.
- Stand up – Be mindful of how long you’re spent sat at your desk. Try to stand up every so often and move around whilst working.
- Try to exercise whilst sat at your desk – use attached work station exercises
- Get up and move – Try setting yourself a 20 minute movement session 3x a day. Go for a walk round the garden, up and down the stairs or try step ups.