I need help now

If you’re feeling distressed or anxious, the important thing is to stay calm.

If there’s someone you can talk to – a family member, a friend or a neighbour – ask if you can spend a few moments with them to help you relax. 

Call 999 if you or anyone else is in immediate danger or harm.

Call NHS 111 if you urgently need medical help or advice, but it’s not life threatening.

If you are a young person (under 18)

If you are a young person under the age of 18, or looking for urgent help for a young person under 18, visit our Children, Young People & Family Services (CYPF) website.  

Visit our CYPF website for urgent help now 


Call the Samaritans on 116 123 if you want to talk to someone about how you feel, what you’re experiencing or how to deal with someone else's behaviour. 

Visit Samaritans website (opens a new browser tab)

Email     jo@samaritans.org

Support for carers

If you're a carer, or you know a carer that might need help, you can find more details about local and national charities and groups on our website.

Read more about support for carers